Children love hands-on activities and if they are messy then it's even better!
Messy play is something that most children absolutely love! Unfortunately it can be the type of play that parents shudder at the thought of and avoid because it can be unpredictable and seen as a challenge to clean up.
Why we should all get kids involved in messy play -
- Children learn through sensory experiences and being hands on
- Improves the physical skills in children
- Improves co-ordination
- Builds social skills
- Team work and cooperation
- Great for creativity, exploration and experimentation
- It's FUN!
Ideas for getting kids hands on and involved in messy play -
1. Cornflour Slime by Learn with Play at Home
2. Colour Mixing by Hand by Teaching 2 and 3 year olds
3. Play in Mud by Paint on the Ceiling
4. Glow in the Dark Slime by Adventures at Home with Mum
5. Soap Experiment by Kids Activities Blog
6. Painting with Kitchen Scrubbers by (me) Laughing Kids Learn
7. Composting by Just For Daisy
8. Rainbow Barley by TwoDaloo
9. Color mixing Play Dough by Little Bins for Little Hands
10. Foam Printing by He Cares For You
What a collection of brilliant hands on activities that will get your children messy and having fun while learning. Be brave, give it a go at home with your own children.
Hopefully you have enjoyed exploring the messy play activities.
Thank you to everyone who contributed and were featured.
Please be sure to link up again.